RAISING THE BAR FOR SHIFTLESS MORONS EVERYWHERE


Things I Think

Thursday, August 16, 2007

- Just like not signing Anson Carter last season, not re-signing Mike Peca is a huge mistake. He wanted to come back, apparently was willing to take a pay cut to come back, and now will sign with the New York Rangers. Stupid. Just stupid. I would have re-signed him just to keep him away from another eastern conference team. That and he's one of the best defensive forwards in the entire league who was single-handedly responsible for about %10 of the Leafs penalty killing success, which went into the tank after he got injured. Then again, Brian McCabe is the real problem anyways, so...

- So what's all this about new Leafs forward Mark Bell serving jail time for DUI after the conclusion of the upcoming season? You know, what I can't figure out about all these goddam people with money (athletes, celebrities, movie stars) is why the hell are they driving drunk? How do people this stupid get all that money? Get a goddam effing cab for Chrissakes! Or for that matter, a goddam LIMO! You have the money, so get a limo. Something garish like a lime green extended Humvee, whatever, but leave your goddam car at home! Isn't this one of the reasons why lots of money is great? So you don't have to do stupid shit like driving to the bar yourself anymore? I would hire a phalanx of drivers stationed all over the city so that at any given time in any given part of the GTA I would have a driver standing by to haul my drunken ass out of some stinking booze-can while I cursed the world for ruining my life, or some such nonsense. I suppose what's really galling is that he has somehow managed to avoid the jail time until the upcoming season is over... how does that work? Does that mean if I, Final, were convicted of a crime, I could conceivably work something out whereby I would not have to serve my time until my job ended? That seems highly unlikely, but then I'm no lawyer. And also I have no job, so...

- OK, Just read this bit about a Chinese couple wanting to name their baby '@'. That's right. They want to name their baby the e-mail 'at' symbol. This is an outrage. What kind of idiocy has to be festering inside a person's brain to make this type of decision? What's with this overpowering need to have a unique name for your baby? What, because your baby's name is Steve or Karen they will be less of a person than if they were named Raquanshay or @? If a name was all that defined who we were, we'd all be jackasses (I'm a jackass regardless of my name, but that's another story...). Look people, just quit it with this name shit, it's getting really old and tired. If you spent as much time teaching your kid to read or to treat people with kindness and compassion as you did coming up with some horseshit name to impress your friends, the world would be a better place. Of course, I don't have a kid, or even the prospect of naming anything except my blog posts, so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home